System Development Methods
a professional reading list compiled by Daniel Brockman
- Paper: "Characterizing People as Non-Linear, First-Order
Components in Software Development"
- "People's characteristics are a
first-order success driver, not a second-order one. "
- "Almost any methodology can be made to work on some project."
- Paper: "The New Methodology"
- "People who work on methodology are not very good at
identifying boundary conditions: the places where the methodology
passes from appropriate in inappropriate."
- "A project that's on-time and on-cost is considered to be a
success. This measurement is nonsense to an agile environment.
For agilists the question is business value - did the customer
get software that's more valuable to them than the cost put into it."
Manifesto for Agile Software Development
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
| Daniel Brockman